If you are a former or current Musculoskeletal Institute, Chartered d/b/a Florida Orthopaedic Institute (“FOI”) patient who was sent a letter in June 2020 notifying you that your Personal Information may have been compromised in a data security incident, you may be eligible for benefits from a class action settlement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: THE DEADLINE FOR REQUESTING AWARD CHECK REISSUES HAS PASSED.
A class action settlement has been proposed in litigation against FOI relating to a data security incident that FOI disclosed in or about June 2020 (“Data Security Incident”). Under the terms of the Settlement, FOI has agreed to establish a fund of $4,000,000 that will be used to pay for the following forms of relief:
- Reimbursement for Out-of-Pocket Losses: The Settlement Fund will be used to reimburse Settlement Class Members for out-of-pocket losses fairly traceable to the Data Security Incident, up to $15,000 per individual (“Out-of-Pocket Losses”).
- Reimbursement for Attested Time: The Settlement Fund will be used to reimburse Settlement Class Members for time spent remedying issues related to the Data Security Incident for up to five (5) hours at $25 per hour (“Attested Time”).
- Identity Restoration Services: Regardless of whether you submit a claim under the Settlement, all Settlement Class Members will be eligible to access identity restoration services offered through Aura, including professional fraud resolution assistance to help with identity recovery and restoration in case you experience identity theft or fraud in the future, for a period of three (3) years (“Identity Restoration Services”).
- Minor Monitoring Services: A parent or legal guardian of a Settlement Class Member who is a minor at the time the Settlement is final may enroll the minor in three (3) years of Aura’s Minor Monitoring Services. These services include monthly three-bureau monitoring of information for the minor, internet surveillance, fraud resolution services, and $1,000,000 in identity theft insurance for material damages caused by the misuse of the minor’s credit file (“Minor Monitoring Services”).
- Identity Theft Protection Services: All Settlement Class Members are eligible to enroll in three (3) years of Aura’s Identity Guard Total credit monitoring services at no cost, regardless of whether you submit a claim for Out-of-Pocket Losses or Attested Time. These services retail for nearly $196 per individual and include reports for your credit files at Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion, a $1 million identity theft insurance policy, and additional features discussed below (“Identity Theft Protection Services”).